A. Participation Guidelines
To be part of the 21st Philippine Travel Exchange (PHITEX), you may visit www.phitex.ph and register as Seller.
A.) Participation as a SELLER delegate in PHITEX is open only to DOT- accredited suppliers of Philippine tourism products and services and TPB members, on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the new guidelines set by the TRAVEX screening committee. All succeeding approved registration will be for virtual participation after the 50 slots for buyers and 50 slots for sellers have been filled. The PHITEX Organizing committee requires all physical participants to be fully vaccinated.
B.) Each SELLER organization is allowed to register a maximum of two (2) delegates (Principal and Co-Delegate). Qualified sellers’ position/designation should not be lower than a Middle Manager or Senior Sales Representative. Kindly note that the Principal and Co-Delegate will share one business appointment schedule.
In the event that the designated seller delegates will not be available during the event, the replacement delegate should be of equivalent rank or is capable of making decisions. The Seller’s committee must be notified of the change on or before 30 September 2022.
C.) Corporate SELLER registration is allowed under one (1) appointment schedule only. A Corporate SELLER is any of the following:
- Chain organizations with multiple properties and/or branches in two or more regions in the Philippines.
- Holding companies with multiple properties/services under the same names located in two or more regions in the Philippines.
- Managing companies overseeing the operations of multiple properties/services located in two or more regions in the Philippines.
D.) A SELLER cannot sell properties that are not DOT-accredited and/or are not yet in operation. Property should be in a Multi-Use category/status.
E.) Businesses should fall under any of the following categories:
- Travel agencies/tour operators
- MICE operators
- Health and wellness
- Adventure sports providers
- Travel trade associations
- Others (i.e. theme parks, attractions, museums)
A.) Sellers will be subjected to the following screening procedures:
1.) Sellers can access the Participation Agreement form through this link:
2.)Confirmation of Pre-Registration will ONLY be PROCESSED upon submission of the following:
- a.) Accomplished Pre-Event Questionnaire and Participation Agreement Form
- b.) Copy of valid DOT Accreditation Certificate (Those undergoing renewal may submit a copy of the DOT’s acknowledgment of their application.)
- c.) Copy of TPB Membership Certificate
3.) Confirmation will be made on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the new guidelines set by the TRAVEX screening committee. All succeeding approved registration will be for virtual participation after the 50 slots for buyers and 50 slots for sellers have been filled.
4.) The allocation of the slots for seller companies is as follows:
- a.) 80% for companies with at least three (3) previous participation in TPB- led international events
- b.) 20% for first-timers or companies with less than three (3) previous participation in TPB- led international events
5.) Participation will only be confirmed at most five (5) working days upon the receipt of the Participation Agreement Form with the complete requirements.
B.) Registration fee:
- Physical Participation:
|FULL REGISTRATION||With a 20% Rebate|
|principal Delegate||Php 10,000.00||Php 8,000.00|
|Co-Delegate||Php 5,000.00||Php 4,000.00|
Virtual Participation Fee: Php 5,000.00 ( No rebate for virtual participation)
The registration fee for each delegate must be paid upon confirmation by the PHITEX 2022 Sellers Committee on or before 31 August 2022.
Payment can be made through any of the following options:
- TPB Cash Office: 4th Floor Legaspi Towers 300 Roxas Boulevard Metro Manila
- Deposit directly to Land Bank of the Philippines with the following details:
- Account Name: Tourism Promotions Board
- Account Number: Philippine Peso Account No. 1772-1034-13
- Address: Century Park Hotel (Harrison Plaza) Branch G/F Century Park Tower, P. Ocampo cor. Adriatico Street.,Malate, Manila
- A copy of the proof of payment should be emailed to the Sellers Committee at [email protected]
A seller company/delegate is entitled to a 20% rebate upon submission of the following documents:
- Accomplished Sales Lead Form with Sales Leads of at least 24 buyer companies;
- At least one (1) actual onsite booking as declared in the Seller Evaluation Form;
- TPB member for at least one (1) year.
D.) Cancellation Policy:
- TPB reserves the right to withhold 50% of the Participation Fee if made on or before 16 September 2022.
- Cancellation made beyond 16 September 2022 gives TPB the right to withhold 100% payment of the participation fee.
Note: Last-minute cancellation will affect participation in future TPB events.
E.) A month prior to the event, both buyers and sellers will receive an email for the selection of their business appointments.
F.) Virtual Buyers will have the first opportunity to select their preferred virtual seller companies, after which virtual sellers will choose.
G.) Physical Sellers will have one on one meetings with physical buyers.
H.) Each seller company will be allotted a maximum of 24 business appointments per day.
I.) The B2B pre-arranged meetings are set at fifteen (15) minutes each. Participants will be notified three (3) minutes before the end of the meeting to wrap up the discussion.
J.) The Co-delegate can substitute the Principal delegate during breaks. A Sellers’ Lounge will be set up to accommodate those participants attending physically while waiting for their succeeding business appointments.
K.) In case of a NO SHOW, the seller may meet with an available buyer during the extension of virtual networking on 26-28 October 2022
L.) Bulletins will be sent via email from time to time to keep the participants updated on the required schedule.
M.) The program of activities will be accessible on the website and any other platforms, which will be updated from time to time. Kindly refer to the PHITEX 2022 Program Schedule for more details.
N.) Non-submission of required forms (i.e. Evaluation Form, Sales Lead Form) or unsettled payables from previous participation in TPB projects will be a basis for non-confirmation to any TPB event participation.
I. BUYER QUALIFICATIONS
Philippine Travel Exchange (PHITEX) 2022 is open to Buyers who:
- Are selling Asia but not the Philippines;
- Are not selling the Philippines, but would like to expand and include the Philippines in their programs;
- Are already selling the Philippines, and still want to enhance their tour programs;
- Would like to renew their businesses with their Philippine counterparts; and
- Are potential buyers for the Incentive Travel Program.
- Qualified buyers’ position/designation should not be lower than a Manager/Assistant Director, or its equivalent. Substitutions for a registered buyer may be allowed subject to TPB’s participation guidelines.
- Buyers attending physically must be fully vaccinated. Confirmed Buyers need to register in the One Health Pass* found at this link: https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/.
Note: *One Health Pass is an online platform that aims to promote the convenient and seamless movement of international travelers arriving from their departure country into the Philippines.
For further details on Philippine Travel, please visit:
II. PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
- Participation in PHITEX is by invitation only. Buyers are pre-qualified to ensure they meet the selection criteria.
- Physical participation is on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the new guidelines set by the Buyers Screening Committee. All succeeding approved registration will be for virtual participation after the 50 slots for buyers and 50 slots for sellers have been filled.
- Registration is free for buyers. Kindly accomplish the online pre-registration form through this link:
- Confirmed participants will receive an email from the PHITEX 2022 Buyers’ Committee.
- Virtual Buyers will have the first opportunity to select their preferred virtual Seller companies, after which virtual Sellers will choose their preferred virtual Buyers. A month prior to the event proper, both virtual buyers and sellers will receive an email for the selection of their business appointments.
- Physical Buyers will have one-on-one business meetings with the physical Sellers.
- The program of activities will be accessible on the website and other platforms, which will be updated from time to time. Kindly refer to the PHITEX 2022 Program Schedule for more details.
- Bulletins will be sent via email to keep the participants updated on the required schedule.
- A maximum of 24 pre-scheduled business appointments per day will be allotted.
- The B2B pre-arranged meetings are set at fifteen (15) minutes each. Participants will be notified three (3) minutes before the end of the meeting to wrap up the discussion.
- Participants will be notified three (3) minutes before the end of the meeting to wrap up the discussion and proceed to their next meeting.
III. PHYSICAL BUYER ENTITLEMENTS
A. Provision of hotel accommodation during the event;
B. Reimbursement of economy airline tickets based on the guidelines on airfare reimbursement;
C. Provision of meals from 18 to 21 October 2022 or until 24 October 2022, if joining the post-conference tours;
D. Provision of Buyer’s delegate kit which includes:
- Access badge for the event;
- Directory of Philippine Sellers and International Buyers; and
- Business Appointment Schedule
E. Access to the PHITEX 2022 virtual platform;
F. Provision of interpreters for the B2B meetings from 1000H to 1800H (Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, and Arabic) on 19-20 October 2022;
G. Attendance to event functions;
H. Option to join the Pre and Post-Conference Tours; and
I. Opportunity to attend the PHITEX Educational Program Talk (PEP Talk) if not joining the Pre-Tour on 18 October 2022.
B. Entitlements and Code of Conduct
I. Physical Participation
A.) Sellers’ delegate kit includes:
- Access Badge for a maximum of two (2) participants per company
- Directory of Philippine Sellers and International Buyers
- Business Appointment Schedule
B.) Invitation to official functions (Welcome Reception, Farewell Dinner)
C.) Other marketing efforts that will provide the private sector participants optimal advantage and benefit.
II. Virtual Participation
A.) Access to the PHITEX virtual platform
B.) Other marketing efforts that will provide the private sector participants optimal advantage and benefit.
CODE OF CONDUCT
A.) Registered Sellers are not allowed to buy any tourism products from an invited Buyer.
B.) Sellers should not sell, promote or display a non DOT-accredited property or branch in or outside the Philippines.
- All Buyer and Seller appointments are pre-arranged. Buyers and Sellers are not allowed to refuse any appointment request for as long as their appointment schedules have open slots.
- Sellers should report Buyers who did not meet their requirements.
- For any business networking-related concerns, you may reach out to the TRAVEX Marshalls or email the Seller Committee at [email protected].
IV. VIRTUAL BUYER ENTITLEMENTS
- Access to the PHITEX 2022 virtual platform;
- Business Appointment Schedule;
- Provision of interpreters for the B2B meetings from 1000H to 1800H (Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, and Arabic) on 19-20 October 2022;
V. CODE OF CONDUCT
- Registered Buyers should not sell any tourism products to any registered Seller during the event.
- Buyers are not allowed to refuse any appointment request.
- In case of NO SHOW, the Buyer may meet with an available Seller during the extension of the virtual networking on 26-28 October 2022.
- For any business networking-related concerns, you may reach out to the TRAVEX Marshalls or email the Buyer’s committee at [email protected]
C. Guidelines on Airfare Reimbursement (For Hosted Buyers Only)
The Philippine Travel Exchange (PHITEX) 2022 Organizing Committee is pleased to provide the following guidelines on the airfare reimbursement process for hosted buyers:
- The reimbursement shall cover all Hosted Buyers arriving in Manila on 16 October 2022 and departing Manila no later than 26 October 2022.
- The Hosted Buyers must make their own flight arrangement through their airlines on travel agent.
- Personal travel insurance, excess baggage charges, and other fees imposed by airport authorities are excluded from the reimbursement
- Hosted Buyers are advised to arrange their own insurance coverage for the entire travel period.
- Hosted Buyers who will join the post tours are reminded to validate their flight connections.
- Hosted buyers shall be reimbursed the cost of their air tickets subject to the CAPPED amount or the actual cost of the air ticket, whichever is lower, regardless of airline or travel agent used. Buyers who redeemed their tickets through the Frequent Flyer Program shall be reimbursed the CAPPED amount.
- The reimbursement to hosted buyers shall be in the following currency using the effective exchange rate as of 10 October 2022:
- US Dollar; and
- Philippine peso, if the balance is not available in US dollar denomination.
- The PHITEX 2022 Airfare Reimbursement Form (PHITEX2022 ARF) will be sent to concerned buyers thru the email provided in the online registration.
- Hosted buyers are encouraged to submit the PHITEX 2022 Airfare Reimbursement Form (PHITEX2022 ARF) together with the following documents between 18 – 19 October 2022 to the Airfare Reimbursement Counter at the Buyers Lounge from 9:00am – 6:00pm to facilitate the computation of the reimbursements.
- Photocopy of passport identification page with signature
- Photocopy of the passport page (with Immigration Stamp) showing arrival to the Philippines or Boarding Pass (Country of Origin should be the same as declared in the Agreement)
- Copy of air ticket/electronic air ticket
- Official Receipt or Points/Miles Redemption Letter as proof of purchase of the air ticket
- Submission of the Appointment Sheet (with 43 concluded appointments) and Accomplished Evaluation Form is on 20 October 2022, at the Airfare Reimbursement Counter at the Buyers Lounge from 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- The release of reimbursement to the Hosted Buyer is on the last day of TRAVEX, 20 October 2022, at the Airfare Reimbursement Counter at the Buyers Lounge, from 9:00am – 6:00pm.