A. Participation Guidelines
To be part of the 22nd Philippine Travel Exchange (PHITEX), you may visit www.phitex.ph and register as Seller.
A. Participation as a SELLER delegate in PHITEX is open only to DOT- accredited suppliers of Philippine tourism products and services and TPB members, on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the guidelines set by the TRAVEX screening committee. The PHITEX Organizing committee requires all seller participants to be fully vaccinated with at least one booster.
B. Each SELLER organization is allowed to register a maximum of two (2) delegates (Principal and Co-Delegate). Qualified sellers’ position/designation should be equivalent to a Middle Manager or Senior Sales Representative or higher.
In the event that the designated seller delegates will not be available during the event, the replacement delegate should be of equivalent rank or is capable of making decisions. The Seller’s committee must be notified of the change on or before 11 August 2023.
C. Corporate SELLER registration is not allowed. A Corporate SELLER is any of the following:
● Chain organizations with multiple properties and/or branches in the Philippines.
● Holding companies with multiple properties/services under the same names located in the Philippines.
● Managing companies overseeing the operations of multiple properties/services located in the Philippines.
D. A SELLER cannot sell properties that are not DOT-accredited and/or are not yet in operation.
E. Businesses should fall under any of the following categories:
1. Travel agencies/tour operators
3. MICE operators
4. Health and wellness
5. Adventure sports providers
6. Travel trade associations
7. Tourist Transportation
8. Others (i.e. theme parks, attractions, museums)
A. Sellers will be subjected to the following screening procedures:
1. Sellers can access the Participation Agreement form through this link
2. Confirmation of Pre-Registration will ONLY be PROCESSED upon submission of the following:
a. Accomplished Pre-Event Questionnaire and Participation Agreement Form
b. Copy of valid DOT Accreditation Certificate (Those undergoing renewal may
submit a copy of the DOT’s acknowledgment of their application.)
c. Copy of TPB Membership Certificate, if applicable
3. Confirmation will be made on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the guidelines set by the TRAVEX screening committee. Priority will be given to TPB members.
4. The allocation of the slots for seller companies is as follows:
a. 80% for companies with at least three (3) previous participation in TPB- led international events
b. 20% for first-timers or companies with less than three (3) previous participation in TPB- led international events
5. Participation will only be confirmed at most five (5) working days upon the receipt of the Participation Agreement Form with the complete requirements but not earlier than 19 June 2023.
B. REGISTRATION FEE:
1. Participation Fees:
|PRINCIPAL DELEGATE||Php 10,000|
The registration fee for each delegate must be paid upon confirmation of participation by the PHITEX 2023 Sellers Committee on or before 31 July 2023.
Payment can be made through any of the following options:
1. TPB Cash Office: 4th Floor Legaspi Towers 300, Roxas Boulevard, Metro Manila
2. Deposit directly to Land Bank of the Philippines with the following details:
● Account Name: Tourism Promotions Board
● Account Number: Philippine Peso Account No. 1772-1034-13
● Address: Century Park Hotel (Harrison Plaza) Branch G/F Century Park Tower, P. Ocampo cor. Adriatico Street, Malate, Manila
3. A copy of the proof of payment should be emailed to the Sellers Committee at [email protected].
C. Cancellation Policy:
1. TPB reserves the right to withhold 50% of the Participation Fee if cancellation is made on or before 11 August 2023.
2. Cancellation made beyond 11 August 2023 gives TPB the right to withhold 100% payment of the participation fee and will be considered as no show which will affect future participation in TPB events.
D. A month prior to the event, both buyers and sellers will receive an email for the selection of their business appointments.
E. Buyers will have the first opportunity to select their preferred sellers, after which sellers will choose their preferred buyers.
F. Each seller will have a maximum of 44 official appointments for the two-day business sessions, 20 pre-arranged meetings per day and additional four (4) appointments for scheduling on the second day.
G. A Speed Networking will be conducted in the afternoon of Day 1 during the last hour and 15 minutes for Day 2’s additional four (4) appointments.
H. The B2B pre-arranged meetings are set at fifteen (15) minutes each. Participants will be notified three (3) minutes before the end of the meeting to wrap up the discussion and proceed to the next appointment.
I. The Speed Networking will be set at seven (7) minutes each. Participants will be notified two (2) minutes before the end of the meeting to wrap up the discussion and proceed to the next meeting.
J. A Sellers’ Lounge will be set up to accommodate those who are waiting for their succeeding business appointments.
K. In case of a NO SHOW Buyer, the Seller may meet with an available buyer.
L. Bulletins will be sent via email from time to time to keep the participants updated on event details.
M. The program of activities will be accessible on the PHITEX website which will be updated regularly. Kindly refer to the PHITEX 2023 Program Schedule for more details.
N. Non-submission of required forms (i.e. Evaluation Form, Sales Lead Form) or unsettled payables from previous participation in TPB projects will be a basis for non-confirmation to any future TPB event participation.
A. Sellers’ delegate kit which includes:
1. Access Badge for the event per seller delegate;
2. Digital Directory of International Buyers and Philippine Sellers; and
3. Business Appointment Schedule.
B. Attendance to official functions (PEP Talk, Welcome Dinner and Networking Cocktails)
C. Other marketing efforts that will provide the private sector participants optimal advantage and benefit.
D. Preferential rates extended by Cebu-based accommodation partners.
Note: Travel Expenses (such as but not limited to airfare, land transfers and accommodation) are not included in the participation fees. These shall be on pax accounts.
CODE OF CONDUCT
A. Registered Sellers are not allowed to buy any tourism products from an invited Buyer.
B. Sellers should not sell, promote or display non-DOT-accredited property/branch in or outside the Philippines.
1. All Buyer and Seller appointments are pre-arranged on the first day. Buyers and Sellers are not allowed to refuse any appointment request for as long as their appointment schedules have open slots.
2. Sellers should report Buyers who did not meet their requirements.
3. For any business networking-related concerns, you may reach out to the TRAVEX Marshalls or email the Sellers Committee at [email protected].
I. BUYER QUALIFICATIONS
Philippine Travel Exchange (PHITEX) 2023 is open to Buyers who:
A. Are selling Asia but not the Philippines;
B. Are not selling the Philippines, but would like to expand and include the Philippines in their programs;
C. Are already selling the Philippines, and still want to enhance their tour programs;
D. Would like to renew their businesses with their Philippine counterparts; and
E. Are potential buyers for the Incentive Travel Program.
F. Qualified buyers’ position/designation should be equivalent to a Manager/Assistant Director, or higher. Substitutions for a registered buyer may be allowed until 11 August 2023 only.
G. Priority is given to first-time Buyers and Buyers who have physically participated in PHITEX only once.
II. PARTICIPATION GUIDELINES
A. Participation in PHITEX is open to qualified buyers. Buyers are pre-qualified to ensure they meet the selection criteria.
B. Participation is on a first-come, first-served basis subject to the guidelines set by the Buyers Screening Committee.
C. Registration is free for buyers. Kindly accomplish the online pre-registration form through this link: (link)
D. Confirmed participants will receive an email from the PHITEX 2023 Buyers’ Committee.
E. Participation to the PHITEX 2023 is exclusive only for approved hosted Buyers. Accompanying persons are not allowed.
F. Buyers will have the first opportunity to select their preferred Sellers, after which Sellers will choose their preferred Buyers.
G. Buyers will have 44 official appointments for the two-day business sessions, 20 pre-arranged meetings per day and additional four (4) appointments for scheduling on the second day.
H. A Speed Networking will be conducted in the afternoon of Day 1 during the last hour and 15 minutes for Day 2’s additional four (4) appointments.
I. The B2B pre-arranged meetings are set at fifteen (15) minutes each. Participants will be notified three (3) minutes before the end of the meeting to wrap up the discussion and proceed to the next meeting.
J. The Speed Networking will be set at seven (7) minutes each. Participants will be notified two (2) minutes before the end of the meeting to wrap up the discussion and proceed to the next meeting.
K. The program of activities will be accessible on the PHITEX website which will be updated regularly. Kindly refer to the PHITEX 2023 Program Schedule for more details.
L. Bulletins will be sent via email from time to time to keep the participants updated on event details.
M. Non-submission of post-event evaluation forms will be a basis for non- reimbursement of air tickets.
III. BUYER ENTITLEMENTS
A. Provision of hotel accommodation during the event as follows:
1. 16-18 September 2023: Hosted overnight accommodation in Manila for those with layovers (if there are no direct flights from international to Cebu; must fly from Manila to Cebu the next day)
2. 18 to 22 September 2023: Hosted accommodation in Cebu
3. 26 to 28 September 2023: Hosted overnight accommodation in Manila/Cebu after Post Tours
Note: Those whose arrival/departure fall outside of these dates may be accommodated, subject to availability
B. Provision of international economy air ticket and domestic economy air ticket (Clark-Cebu-Clark or Manila-Cebu-Manila) reimbursement once participation has been confirmed by the PHITEX 2023 Buyer’s Screening Committee. Kindly refer to the (link) for the Guidelines on Air Ticket Reimbursement;
C. Provision of meals from 19 to 21 September 2023, or until 26 September 2023 if joining the post-event tours;
1. Full board meals will only be provided during the event proper on 19 September (Pre-Event Tour), 20-21 September (TRAVEX, Welcome Dinner and Networking Cocktails), and 22-26 September 2023 (Post-Event Tours);
2. Meals before the Pre-Event Tour and after the Post-Event Tours, breakfast will only be provided along with the hosted accommodation;
D. Provision of Buyer’s delegate kit which includes:
1. Access badge for the event;
2. Digital Directory of Philippine Sellers; and
3. Business Appointment Schedule for Day 1 and Day 2 of TRAVEX
E. Provision of interpreters for the B2B meetings from 0900H to 1800H (Mandarin, Korean and Japanese) on 20-21 September 2023;
F. Invitation to official functions (Welcome Dinner and Networking Cocktails); and
G. Invitation to join the Pre-Event Tour on 19 September 2023 and Post-Event Tours from 22-26 September 2023.
IV. CODE OF CONDUCT
A. Registered Buyers should not sell any tourism products to any registered Seller during the event.
B. Buyers are not allowed to refuse an appointment request from Sellers if the Buyers have vacant slot/s.
C. Must observe proper business etiquette at all times.
D. In case of NO SHOW Seller, the Buyer may meet with an available Seller.
E. For any business networking-related concerns, you may reach out to the TRAVEX Marshalls or email the Buyer’s Committee at [email protected].
The Philippine Travel Exchange (PHITEX) 2023 Organizing Committee is pleased to provide the following guidelines on the airfare reimbursement process for hosted Buyers:
- The reimbursement shall cover all Hosted Buyers arriving in Manila/Clark/Cebu on 16 September and departing Manila/Clark/Cebu no later than 22 September or 26-27 September 2023 (For those joining the post event tours).
- Hosted Buyers must make their own international and domestic flight arrangements.a. Personal travel insurance, excess baggage charges, and other fees imposed by airport authorities are excluded from the reimbursement;
b. Hosted Buyers are advised to arrange their own insurance coverage for the entire travel period;
c. Hosted Buyers who will join the post-event tours are reminded to validate their flight connections.
- Hosted Buyers shall be reimbursed the cost of their international air tickets subject to the CAPPED amount or the actual cost of the air ticket, whichever is lower, regardless of airline or travel agent used. Buyers who redeemed their tickets through the Frequent Flyer Program shall be reimbursed the CAPPED amount.
- Hosted Buyers shall be reimbursed the cost of their domestic air tickets (Clark-Cebu-Clark or Manila-Cebu-Manila) subject to the CAPPED amount of PHP 10,000.00 or the actual cost of the air ticket, whichever is lower, regardless of airline or travel agent used. Buyers who redeemed their tickets through the Frequent Flyer Program shall be reimbursed the CAPPED amount.
- The reimbursement to hosted buyers shall be in the following currency using the effective exchange rate as of 12 September 2023:a. US Dollar; and
b. Boarding Pass showing arrival to Cebu
c. Philippine peso
d. Copy of international and domestic air tickets/electronic air tickets
- The PHITEX 2023 Airfare Reimbursement Form (ARF) will be sent to concerned buyers thru their registered email.
- Hosted Buyers are encouraged to submit the PHITEX 2023 ARF together with the following documents between 19-20 September 2023 to the Airfare Reimbursement Counter at the Buyers Lounge from 9:00am – 6:00pm to facilitate the computation of the reimbursements.
a. Photocopy of passport identification page with signature
b.Photocopy of the passport page (with Immigration Stamp) showing arrival to the Philippines or Boarding Pass (Country of Origin should be the same as declared in the Agreement.
c. Copy of international air ticket/electronic air ticket
d. Official Receipt or Points/Miles Redemption Letter as proof of purchase of the air ticket
- Submission of the Appointment Sheet (with 33 concluded appointments) and Accomplished Evaluation Form is on 21 September 2023, at the Airfare Reimbursement Counter at the Buyers Lounge from 12:00pm – 6:00pm
- The release of reimbursement to the Hosted Buyer is on the last day of TRAVEX, 21 September 2023, at the Airfare Reimbursement Counter at the Buyers Lounge, from 9:00am – 6:00pm.